Get access to exclusive deals and news on latest arrivals
Enter your email below to sign-up
They say that good things come to those who wait- a fine bottle of wine, or a vintage Swiss timepiece- both age gracefully, not only in taste, but also in value. To understand man’s predicament with the finer things in life, we at Wrist Diaries will try to satiate the desires of many a connoisseur who in the words of Jean Claude Biver try to wear and drink a fine “memory of time.” Like timepieces, wines help you not only own a piece of history, but also lend you an experience that occurred decades before you were born. So let us take a trip down to the wine cellar, and sip some vintage chardonnay while talking about some high value timepieces.
1. Audemars Piguet Millenary Rose Gold and Domaine de la Romanee-Conti- A wine so rare deserves nothing but the pinnacle of Swiss craftsmanship. Romanee-Conti is one of two monopoles owned by the world renowned Domaine de La Romanée Conti – often abbreviated to DRC – and is generally regarded as the most pursued wine in the world. The rich taste of history beautifully compliments the artisanal rarity of the Millenary. The open worked dial and the contemporary design embraces exceptional mechanical skill in the Millenary’s three-dimensional composition comprising an elliptical case and an off-centered dial.
P.S. - the word Millenary means a period of thousand years. It doesn’t get rarer than this!
Buy this Audemars Piguet Millenary watch at Kapoor Watch Company.
2. A Lange and Soehne’s Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar and Egon Muller – Scharzhofberger Riesling – It was intentional for us to pair two German brands that excel in their respective fields. The slopes of the Scharzhofberger are renowned for the quality of their wine since the 1900s, but it was the Müller family that affirmed the estate’s reputation for producing some of the best white wines in the world. The winery's hero is the Scharzhofberger Riesling. The finesse of producing beautiful wines in Germany is akin to A. Lange’s reputation of producing some of the best timepieces in the heartland of German Saxony. The Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar has inspired the master watchmakers to reconfigure the classic perpetual calendar mechanism in a novel way. As an alternative to displaying the months on a subsidiary dial, they are indicated on a peripheral ring, eliminating display overlaps.
3. Bulgari Octo Solotempo and the Giacomo Conterno Monfortino Barola Riserva- The unmatched passionate intensity of Italians is hard to replicate, period! To this end, Bulgari’s Octo and Giacomo Conterno Riserva speak volumes of the pride Italians take in their craft. Described as poetry in a bottle, this wine summarizes everything that a great Barolo may possess: layers of complex flavours that have evolved into a gorgeous palette. The genesis of the Octo follows the same tradition- a complex Gerald Genta design that has evolved into an icon over the decades. Trust Italian brands to give to the world unprecedented levels of sophistication and class.
Buy this Bulgari Octo Solotempo watch at Kapoor Watch Company.
4. Franck Muller Vanguard and Catena Zapata Estib Reservada - I bet no one expected these two be on the list. However, the revolutionary zeal and expertise of these two radicals in their conquest of the world is something that cannot be ignored. The Catena Zapata from Argentina, has slowly but surely impressed critics and connoisseurs alike, much like Franck Muller’s extreme Vanguard collection. A bold pairing for an individual who does not want to tread the beaten path of genius, but believes in creating his own footprints on the world. Bold, tasteful and extreme- this pairing is one of our favourites from the list.
Buy this Franck Muller Vanguard watch at Kapoor Watch Company.
5. Seven Friday S1/01 and Château Rongzi Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon- Who said newbies cannot be pompous? Case in point- Seven Friday watches. Their partner in crime in this list- a Chinese wine brand that is slowly taking the world by storm. The Chateau Rongzi has emerged as one of the most expensive wine bottles from Asia. A wine that draws from rich Asian traditions and taste palettes, it provides a near perfect foil to the brand philosophy of Seven Friday- excellent timepieces that borrow from watchmaking traditions and leave a stellar impression whenever they are on one’s wrists. A fruity, soft and delicate texture inadvertently compliments the look and feel of the rebellious timepiece.
Buy this Seven Friday S1/01 watch at Kapoor Watch Company
Do let us know what you thought of our wine and watch pairings in the comments section below. Until then, sip and watch time pass by responsibly!
Leave a reply