The undisputed king of Collector timepieces- Rolex The two most sought after targets for watch collectors and connoisseurs alike in the high value world of luxury timepieces is undoubtedly Rolex and Patek Philippe. In this article, we at Wrist Diaries want to educate our audiences in terms of timepieces that are going to increase in value exponentially in the next few years. There is just one brand that has managed to capture the imagination of seasoned collectors as well as novice enthusiasts alike- Rolex.
Wrist Diaries welcomes you to the high-dollar and expert world of vintage Rolex collecting!
1. Rolex Sky-Dweller (Reference 326934)- A distinctive technological masterpiece protected by 11 to 14 patents, the Rolex Sky Dweller is the most complicated watch produced by Rolex. A polarizing watch according to Rolex connoisseurs, the Sky-Dweller in steel with a beautiful blue dial, has been one of the best-selling Rolex models, ever since its Baselworld launch. It is powered by the caliber 9001, an annual calendar with dual-time capabilities, which can be set by the crown, using the rotating bezel to change functions. It measures 42mm and with that shiny fluted bezel, it is quite the statement piece. It has previously only been produced in precious metals, such as Everose, yellow, and white gold. This year that changes. The desirable factor in the Sky-Dweller? The reference 326934 is all steel except for the bezel, which is 18k white gold. Buy this watch at here
2. The Rolex Datejust (Reference 126334)- Perhaps the biggest launch for Rolex as a watch brand in recent years, the launch of the steel Datejust in 2017 was as big a news for Rolex, as was the release of the new Sky-Dweller. It is not a new watch per se, as the Datejust 41 was formally introduced last year, but it is the very first time that the case comes in stainless steel, which guarantees a more affordable price tag. A metal change can seem trivial, but it can have a dramatic impact, especially on a line as popular as the Datejust. Indeed, stainless steel makes for a more versatile look and offers a lower price point than any other combination including solid gold. Therefore, we can safely predict the success of the Datejust 41 in steel. It's seriously hard to imagine this watch being anything but super popular. Buy this watch at here
3. The Rolex Cosmograph Daytona (Reference 116500LN)- Introduced in 1963, the Cosmograph Daytona is one of the most identifiable timepieces in the world. It has been sixteen years since Rolex had released the last new Daytona. Baselworld 2016 saw the launch of a new Daytona, one that answered the wishes of many a Rolex purist. The Rolex Cosmograph Daytona reference 116500LN in 904L steel uses a new monobloc Cerachrom bezel in black ceramic with an updated tahcymeter design, detaching the older engraved metal bezel. It is still powered by the calibre 4130 movement, but is now tested by Rolex to +2/-2 seconds per day accuracy, which is amazingly impressive. That rating means that the new Rolex Daytona also sports the Rolex Superlative Chronometer Certification, which in investment terms, makes it all the more desirable. A new aesthetic choice we adore is the black snail-like sub-dials on the white dial model, while the other available version in black dial has grey snail-like sub-dials. Buy this watch at here
4. The Rolex Sea-Dweller (Reference 126600)- Created by Rolex to launch a conquest on the deep seas, the Sea-Dweller is one of the toughest watches on the planet. The Rolex Sea-Dweller reference 126600 was released at Baselworld 2017, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the model (launched in 1967). The Sea-Dweller is one of Rolex's most important, though arguably least commercial products – a true tool watch catering to true professionals. This latest incarnation is very much a Sea-Dweller, but there are many updates, including some that are technically minor but emotionally significant departures from models that came before. One of the hottest selling points of the 2017 Sea-Dweller is its departure from the old ones, one that is sure to highlight its value as the years go by. The first iteration of an icon in over 50 years, the Ref. 126600 Sea-Dweller presents a new direction by Rolex. Buy this watch at here
5. The Rolex Datejust (Reference- 126331)- To say that all models manufactured by Rolex are icons in their own right would be an understatement. As many watch purists would tell you, the entire Rolex catalogue for a calendar year is iconic! The Rolex Datejust (Ref. 126331) 41 keeps its diameter, at 41mm, just like the older Datejust 2. We were expecting Rolex to follow the rule implemented with the 2015 Day-Date, meaning a slightly reduced diameter of 40mm. but this wasn’t the case. However, if the diameter remains at 41mm, the proportions and the other dimensions change rather drastically, which is a very good point. Perhaps the most famous luxury watch ever to have been created on Earth, the Rolex Datejust is over seven decades old, but looks as similar to what it did decades ago. The unchanging artistic cues belies the significant improvements Rolex has made to its bestseller, culminating in the latest Datejust 41, powered by the next generation calibre 3235 movement.