Gone are the days when the colour of your dial used to be a cool white, or a subtle grey, or even a radiant black. Even blue as a colour option seems too passé! If you timepiece is your statement piece, more and more people are opting for watch dials that go beyond the routine and mundane. And what’s more important is the fact that luxury watch brands are responding aggressively to this demand. Enter- ‘Green’ dial watches. From Rolex to Panerai, from H. Moser and Cie to MB&F, luxury watch brands are going all out, to give consumers some of the tastiest versions of the colour green. Is the grass greener on the other side? We should see for ourselves, shouldn’t we?
1. Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 36 – This is the first Rolex on our list of timepiece with fabulous dial colours. The quintessential President’s watch, as the Day-Date is fondly called not only gets a rich shade of green on the dial, but also gets a green alligator leather strap. Did Rolex go overboard with the entire green watch? Well, not really, as for one, it’s a Rolex, and more importantly, the green really helps the 18 carat gold case of the Day-Date to pop out. All in all, a fantastic looking timepiece.
2. Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner Date- Occupying a position that is radically opposite from the Day-Date 9even though it’s a Rolex at the end of the day) is the Submariner, or as fans popularly refer to this Rolex creation- the Hulk! A 40 mm stainless steel case and bracelet, the sturdiness of the Submariner, and the gorgeous green dial, makes the Rolex Submariner a very desirable looking timepiece. By far the coolest watch in the Rolex repertoire right now, the Submariner can literally and practically be worn everywhere- boardroom, vacation, coffee shop, and everywhere else!
3. Panerai 1950 Chrono Monopulsante 8 Days GMT Titanio-Apart from the really long and confusing nomenclature, this Panerai timepiece has a lot going for it. The dial is busy, but not in a cluttered sort of way, as most of the functions are well spread out. All the hands, apart from the GMT function, are gilded and they coordinate harmoniously with the beige markers on the green sandwich dial. What makes the green dial of the Panerai stand out is the way that it has been arranged- the dials are made up of two plates: an upper disc featuring cut-outs for the hour markers, while the lower disc is painted with Super-Luminova visible through the cut-outs.
4. Traditionally associated with sophistication, even a brand like Audemars Piguet is exploring and experimenting with funky colours for its Royal Oak Offshore Diver collection. The Le Brassus based brand has introduced a cool Lime Green coloured chronograph for its younger audience base. The perfect watch for a Sunday brunch, or even a beach vacation, you can be rest assured that the bright lime green Royal Oak is sure to attract some attention. Next vacation is waiting people!
5. Bulgari Serpenti Watch- Can green be the colour of seduction? If Bulgari had demonstrated the same with the Serpenti, the world would have never figured out that green does the job stunningly well. Green not only on the dial, the Serpenti boasts of an exquisite snake patterned green leather strap. With a combination of Rose Gold case with Green dial and strap this Bvlgari Serpenti watch will surely have your eyes arrested on it.
6. H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Centre Seconds Concept Cosmic Green- The prettiest looking timepiece on this list by far, is this H. Moser and Cie masterpiece. The brand has a way of developing the cleanest watches on the market with the most handsome profiles. This timepiece is a limited edition piece, and boy does it get the limited edition treatment. With a rich concoction of styles, the brandhas once again outdone itself by marrying its cosmic green dial with the Endeavour Centre Seconds Concept, signifying the very essence of minimalist classicism. The camouflage-style alligator leather strap adds a distinguishing and masculine touch.
7. MB&F Legacy Machine No. 2 Dubai Limited Edition- The coolest, craziest and most eccentric timepiece on the list (you wouldn’t expect anything else from MB&F right?) the Legacy Machine No. 2 is a marvel in engineering and design. Crafted in titanium, the dual balance wheel watch has been adored by critics for its complex representation of time. However, the first thing that is sure to captivate your attention is the vivid green dial on the watch. The brushed titanium hands act as a perfect contrast to being out the richness of the green dial.